JAPAN: Unitika Says First-Half Profit Outlook Up Y400m
Textile maker Unitika Ltd has upped its net profit outlook for the half-year ended 30 September to Y600 million with a pre-tax profit of Y2.6 billion. This compares with the previous estimates of Y200 million net profit and Y1.5 billion pre-tax profit. The company says cost reductions coupled with a turnaround in its engineering business are behind the rise. However, group sales outlook was revised downward to Y126 billion from Y130 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth