AUSTRALIA: Unnamed party drops out of Billabong bid
Billabong International today (20 September) said TPG Capital is the only firm still considering a possible takeover bid for the Australian surf and skatewear retailer after a second, unnamed, party pulled out.
Earlier this month Billabong said it had received a rival takeover approach matching the A$1.45 a share bid received from private equity firm TPG Capital in July.
But that unnamed party - rumoured to have been Bain Capital - has now "withdrawn from the formal process," Billabong revealed today, while TPG's due diligence is "continuing."
Billabong, whose brands include its namesake line as well as RCVA, Element and DaKine, added that while the formal sale process continues, there are no guarantees that a deal will be reached.
The retailer swung to a full-year loss at the end of August, recording a loss of $275.6m in the year ended 30 June, against a profit of $119m the year before. The company's results were hit by more than $330m worth of costs.
Menswear in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descri...
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at how sourcing is going to be in 2013, a spotlight on why buyer interest in Billabong has not yet turned into a deal, and M&S extending it...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has received a rival bid for the brand from VF Corp and private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners, which matches an offer from US boss Paul Naude and Sycamore P...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has appointed Peter Myers as group chief financial officer, replacing Craig White who resigned last month....
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has opened its books to a consortium comprising the company's former head of its Americas business. ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies