US: Updated chemical management tool to be released
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) is due to release an updated chemical management tool as part of its Voluntary Product Environmental Profile (VPEP) supplier disclosure form.
The VPEP, being unveiled next week, allows suppliers and buyers to exchange information more easily on the chemical make-up and environmental impact of textile products.
It can be used by apparel and textile firms and chemical suppliers to facilitate the "efficient exchange of information" necessary to make decisions regarding the environmental impact of textile products and processes.
It has been developed by a group comprising of dyestuff and chemical suppliers, apparel and textile manufacturers, academic institutions and trade associations.
VPEP was originally released to the public several years ago by the National Textile Association. The AAFA adopted the project and updated it in 2013.
"While the use of VPEP is completely voluntary, it is preferred and has been widely implemented by many major companies in the chemical and textile industries," the AAFA said.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report