US: Updated chemical management tool to be released
The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) is due to release an updated chemical management tool as part of its Voluntary Product Environmental Profile (VPEP) supplier disclosure form.
The VPEP, being unveiled next week, allows suppliers and buyers to exchange information more easily on the chemical make-up and environmental impact of textile products.
It can be used by apparel and textile firms and chemical suppliers to facilitate the "efficient exchange of information" necessary to make decisions regarding the environmental impact of textile products and processes.
It has been developed by a group comprising of dyestuff and chemical suppliers, apparel and textile manufacturers, academic institutions and trade associations.
VPEP was originally released to the public several years ago by the National Textile Association. The AAFA adopted the project and updated it in 2013.
"While the use of VPEP is completely voluntary, it is preferred and has been widely implemented by many major companies in the chemical and textile industries," the AAFA said.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape