MEXICO: UPM Raflatac and Digilogics team up on RFID
UPM Raflatac is teaming up with Digilogics SA de CV to develop RFID label solutions for retailers operating in Mexico.
The two companies, in conjunction with Productos Dorel, have developed a state-of-the-art converting line for RFID tags in Mexico City.
"Customers can use our RFID labels to improve their visibility into - and control over - critical business processes, increasing operational efficiency and effectiveness, while reducing costs," said Jan Svoboda, sales and marketing director, Americas, RFID, UPM Raflatac.
A retail discovery centre has also been set up to demonstrate RFID's ability to streamline inventory management.
Demonstrations include an RFID-enabled smart fitting room, which provides continuous inventory and security, while allowing stores to cross-sell and up-sell merchandise via an interactive touch screen.
Customers can use the screen to obtain product information, request additional items to try on and view complementary items for sale.
There is also a smart display including an interactive mirror that provides product information and a built-in camera that customers can use to take and e-mail pictures for a second opinion on goods they are considering purchasing.
German fashion group Gerry Weber will roll out RFID technology combining inventory management and loss prevention in a new deal with Avery Dennison....
New guidelines released for RFID-based Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) are likely to help firms throughout the apparel and retail supply chain by boosting rapid replenishment and RFID tagging at...
German retail giant Metro Group is partnering with Checkpoint Systems to launch the first customer trial of an RFID-based electronic article surveillance (EAS) solution to tackle shrink management and...
Checkpoint Systems says its recent acquisition of China-based Brilliant Label Manufacturing Ltd will help apparel retailers and vendors to brand, track and secure their products at the point of manufa...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack