SWITZERLAND: Upturn In World Yarn Output Continues
World yarn production continued its recovery in the second quarter but output was still below the average level for the last three years, the International Textile Manufacturers Federation (ITMF) reported on Tuesday. The Zurich-based organisation said data showed fabric production rose sharply in the quarter to a three year high but that global yarn stocks continued to fall along with inventory levels, while world fabric inventories firmed and remain above the three year average.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores