US: Urban Brands names president
Urban Brands Incorporated has named Steve Newman to the position of president of the company.
Prior to joining Urban Brands, Newman served as executive vice president, merchandising, design, and store presentation for New York & Company. He has also served as president of both Eddie Bauer Corporation and Brooks Brothers.
Ethan Shapiro, chief executive officer of Urban Brands said: "We are extremely fortunate and excited to have someone of Steve's experience and talents join our team. With a focus on the urban, multi-cultural woman, Urban Brands is an industry leader in presenting our distinctive approach to fashion in 300 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Steve's leadership will be instrumental to UBI as we expand our concepts, grow our store base and offer our unique fashion perspective to our customers."
Newman commented: "I am very excited about joining Urban Brands! Both Ashley Stewart and Marianne have great growth potential and I look forward to working with the talent that already exists at both brands."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Bellavista Oveja Tome, Chile's bankrupt suit fabrics maker, is seeking international buyers as it scrambles to save its business and has attracted interest from US firms, the company's trades union ch...
Etta Granata has been appointed as senior vice president and fashion director at speciality retailer Urban Brands....
Holiday results at casual clothing retailer Eddie Bauer Holdings Inc show "encouraging signs of progress in our turnaround" the company said today (10 January), as fourth quarter same-store sales rose...
Gap has appointed Simon Kneen as the new executive vice president of design and creative director for Banana Republic, with effect from January 9....
Speciality retailer Eddie Bauer has made a US$20m early repayment of part of the company's existing $216m loan facility....
Here is a roundup of the top five must-read stories on just-style this week. Please click on each article to read more....
Bellavista Oveja Tome, billed as Chile's oldest textiles firm, will shut down after losing major customer Brooks Brothers and failing to procure enough financing to turn around its struggling business...
Women's fashion retailer New York & Company recorded a US$16m loss in its third quarter, citing its decision to exit the low-earning JasmineSola business....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022