USA: Urban Oufitters' Profit Up 313 Per Cent
US fashion retail chain Urban Outfitters Inc on Thursday posted an impressive 313 per cent surge in first quarter earnings to $4.8 million from $1.2m in the year-ago period.
The Philadelphia-based company said net sales for the quarter jumped 31 per cent to $94.1m from $71.8m with comparable store sales up 18.2 per cent to $10.9m. Direct-to-consumer sales increased 12.2 per cent and Free People wholesale sales rose 4.2 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016