USA: Urban Oufitters' Profit Up 313 Per Cent
US fashion retail chain Urban Outfitters Inc on Thursday posted an impressive 313 per cent surge in first quarter earnings to $4.8 million from $1.2m in the year-ago period.
The Philadelphia-based company said net sales for the quarter jumped 31 per cent to $94.1m from $71.8m with comparable store sales up 18.2 per cent to $10.9m. Direct-to-consumer sales increased 12.2 per cent and Free People wholesale sales rose 4.2 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores