USA: Urban Oufitters' Profit Up 313 Per Cent
US fashion retail chain Urban Outfitters Inc on Thursday posted an impressive 313 per cent surge in first quarter earnings to $4.8 million from $1.2m in the year-ago period.
The Philadelphia-based company said net sales for the quarter jumped 31 per cent to $94.1m from $71.8m with comparable store sales up 18.2 per cent to $10.9m. Direct-to-consumer sales increased 12.2 per cent and Free People wholesale sales rose 4.2 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack