US: Urban Outfitters posts "record" Q4 sales
- Total sales climb 6%
- Comparable sales up 1%
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters has posted "record" sales in its fourth-quarter, driven by revenues at its Anthropologie and Free People divisions.
Sales in the quarter to the end of January were up 6% to US$905.8m from $856.8m.
Comparable retail segment sales, including the firm's comparable direct-to-consumer channel, increased 1%.
Comparable sales were up 20% at Free People and 10% at Anthropologie, but dropped 9% at Urban Outfitters. Wholesale segment revenues rose 24%.
"I am pleased to announce record sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2014 driven by outstanding performances from the Anthropologie and Free People brands," said Richard Hayne, CEO.
"Although customer response to our early spring fashion offerings has been difficult to read due to weather abnormalities, the Anthropologie and Free People brands continue to deliver solid comparable Retail segment sales gains. These gains, however, have been largely offset by weakness at the Urban Outfitters brand."
The Intimate Apparel market in the US comprises of intimate apparel for both men and women. Intimate apparel products include underwear, bra, panty, sleepwear, daywear, and shapewear....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape