US: Urban Outfitters posts "record" Q4 sales
- Total sales climb 6%
- Comparable sales up 1%
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters has posted "record" sales in its fourth-quarter, driven by revenues at its Anthropologie and Free People divisions.
Sales in the quarter to the end of January were up 6% to US$905.8m from $856.8m.
Comparable retail segment sales, including the firm's comparable direct-to-consumer channel, increased 1%.
Comparable sales were up 20% at Free People and 10% at Anthropologie, but dropped 9% at Urban Outfitters. Wholesale segment revenues rose 24%.
"I am pleased to announce record sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2014 driven by outstanding performances from the Anthropologie and Free People brands," said Richard Hayne, CEO.
"Although customer response to our early spring fashion offerings has been difficult to read due to weather abnormalities, the Anthropologie and Free People brands continue to deliver solid comparable Retail segment sales gains. These gains, however, have been largely offset by weakness at the Urban Outfitters brand."
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
Pacific Sunwear of California's senior vice president of women's merchandising and design, Christine Lee, has stepped down to take up a new role at The Wet Seal....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration