US: Urban Outfitters posts "record" Q4 sales
- Total sales climb 6%
- Comparable sales up 1%
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters has posted "record" sales in its fourth-quarter, driven by revenues at its Anthropologie and Free People divisions.
Sales in the quarter to the end of January were up 6% to US$905.8m from $856.8m.
Comparable retail segment sales, including the firm's comparable direct-to-consumer channel, increased 1%.
Comparable sales were up 20% at Free People and 10% at Anthropologie, but dropped 9% at Urban Outfitters. Wholesale segment revenues rose 24%.
"I am pleased to announce record sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2014 driven by outstanding performances from the Anthropologie and Free People brands," said Richard Hayne, CEO.
"Although customer response to our early spring fashion offerings has been difficult to read due to weather abnormalities, the Anthropologie and Free People brands continue to deliver solid comparable Retail segment sales gains. These gains, however, have been largely offset by weakness at the Urban Outfitters brand."
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Bridalwear in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Australia, Latin America, and Rest of ...
Boston-based investment firm Berkshire Partners LLC has committed to invest $350m in innovative, high-growth retail and consumer businesses through a new company set up by Glen Senk, the former CEO of...
Weakness at Urban Outfitters' namesake brand is likely to continue into the first quarter for the lifestyle retailer, according to analysts....
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters has cautioned on its current quarter, despite booking an increase in fourth-quarter earnings....
Stephen Murray is to step down as president for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor Corp at the end of the year....
Adidas, Marks and Spencer, Patagonia and Phillips-Van Heusen have been named among the companies taking the most comprehensive steps to stop cotton from Uzbekistan picked with forced labour from enter...
Destination XL Group has cut its full-year outlook after lower-than-expected December sales, and announced the departure of CFO and COO Dennis Hernreich....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Declining sales push Coldwater Creek to bankruptcy
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects