US: Urban Outfitters posts "record" Q4 sales
- Total sales climb 6%
- Comparable sales up 1%
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters has posted "record" sales in its fourth-quarter, driven by revenues at its Anthropologie and Free People divisions.
Sales in the quarter to the end of January were up 6% to US$905.8m from $856.8m.
Comparable retail segment sales, including the firm's comparable direct-to-consumer channel, increased 1%.
Comparable sales were up 20% at Free People and 10% at Anthropologie, but dropped 9% at Urban Outfitters. Wholesale segment revenues rose 24%.
"I am pleased to announce record sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2014 driven by outstanding performances from the Anthropologie and Free People brands," said Richard Hayne, CEO.
"Although customer response to our early spring fashion offerings has been difficult to read due to weather abnormalities, the Anthropologie and Free People brands continue to deliver solid comparable Retail segment sales gains. These gains, however, have been largely offset by weakness at the Urban Outfitters brand."
Urban Outfitters, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service o...
Synopsis Canadean's "Urban Outfitters, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide