USA: Urban Outfitters Reports 34% Hike In Net Income
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters Inc today reported what it describes as "outstanding" first quarter results, with positive "comp" store sales and a 34 per cent increase in bottom line performance. "Our retail brands, Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie, have never been stronger," Richard A Hayne, chairman of the board and president of Urban Outfitters Inc, said in a statement. "The summer apparel assortments have been well received, and May sales, thus far, continue to modestly exceed our plan."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016