USA: Urban Outfitters Selects WebPDM Solution
The software, used by more than 1000 companies worldwide, will allow the retailer to reduce lead times, increase prototyping accuracy and improve the quality of information flow along its production chain.
"We believe that this software system will enable our merchant, designer and production staffs to be more efficient and productive while making better decisions," Urban Outfitters president Dick Hayne said.
"We should begin to see the benefits in the fourth quarter of this year."
In addition to WebPDM, the company has also purchased ICICI Infotech's Product Tracking System to help streamline its production cycle.
Companies: Gerber Technology
Successfully making-up knitted garments involves specialist equipment at all stages of the production process, from fabric spreading to sewing. Here, Niki Tait looks at some of the tools that can help...
Niki Tait reports on CAD exhibits at China's International Sewing Machinery and Accessories Show 2005....
From 2D to 3D CAD, to made-to-measure and check and stripe cutting, choosing the appropriate technology can make a huge difference to speed, cost and quality. Niki Tait looks at how some manufacturers...
Thai Garment Export Co Ltd is Thailand's largest clothing producer. It turns over an FOB value of US$170 million a year and employs 9,500 people. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong based...
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Gerber Technology has signed a worldwide strategic alliance with ecVision to develop a range of integrated solutions designed specifically for the fashion industry....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020