Urban Outfitters to relocate fulfilment centre
Urban Outfitters will relocate to Gap, Pennsylvania
US lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters is to relocate its South Carolina e-commerce fulfilment centre to a new location in Pennsylvania.
Construction of the new one million square foot automated facility in Gap is due to be completed by July. It will significantly increase the company's fulfilment capacity, supporting future direct-to-consumer growth.
The company says its location, adjacent to the firm's existing retail distribution centre, will create increased efficiencies across its supply chain and noticeably improve order delivery time, enabling next day delivery into the important Northeast region.
The company has not specified, however, how many jobs might be affected by the move.
"As online sales continue to surge, our new facility places us in closer proximity to a large percentage of our Direct customers and allows us to service them faster and more efficiently,” said CEO Richard Hayne.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective