AUSTRALIA: US Closure Pushes Country Road Into $27.2m Loss
The cost of closing its US operation pushed fashion retailer Country Road Ltd into a loss of $27.2 million for the half-year to 31 December. For the US closure, a trading loss of $3.6 million and one-off charges of $23.9 million were incurred, while the continuing Australasian business posted a profit of $300,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth