JAPAN: US Sale Makes Toray PPS Leader
Japan's Toray Industries said this week that it has acquired the polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) fibre unit of US-based Fibers & Yarns Co to take more than 60 per cent of the global PPS fibre market. The leading Japanese syntheic fibre maker said the acquisition will help it earn some 1bn yen ($8.6m) in sales of PPS fibre in the year to March 2002. It launched its PPS resin business in 1986 and began producing PPS fibre in 1998.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022