SWITZERLAND: Vögele CEO taken ill, interim in place
Swiss fashion chain Charles Vögele Holding has announced that Daniel Reinhard, the CEO of the Vögele Group, has been taken seriously ill and is to take some time away from his post.
Reinhard will undergo intensive medical treatment as a result, the company said, with its chairman of the board, Bernd HJ Bothe, to take on his function on an interim basis.
Bothe, who has been chairman there for three years, will now manage day-to-day business at the fashion retailing group together with existing members of group management Werner Lange, Dr Dirk Seifert and Dr Felix Thöni.
A company statement added: "We hope that Daniel Reinhard, who has done so much for the Vögele Group, quickly returns to good health. It will be remembered that when the annual results were released in March 2008 - before there was any sign of his illness - Daniel Reinhard announced his intention to resign his post as soon as a successor was appointed.
"The search is well under way and should reach a successful conclusion in the near future. In the meantime we wish Daniel Reinhard a speedy and full recovery."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022