USA: Valentino Wholesale Sales Soar By 50 Per Cent
Italy's Holding di Partecipazioni (HdP), the holding company that owns Valentino, announced earlier this year that it planned to invest $70m in the struggling company over a three-year period. "We think it is important to build the brand name Valentino," says Fabio Giombini, who runs the Valentino business for HdP. "Not just the person, but the brand name, so that it becomes like Chanel and Dior."
A spokeswoman attributed wholesale increases in the United States to increased buying from existing accounts (which include Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue) and to new accounts drawn from independent specialty stores. "The increases have been driven by the women's business, while the men's business remains
steady," she said. "
Valentino has also successfully launched a lower-priced diffusion line for men and women, called Valentino Roma, for spring 2001. The range is aimed at a younger, more trendy market, and has been designed by two new young designers under Valentino's supervision. Two more designers came from Fendi to design a line of trendy accessories.
HdP will also have cut off around 40 licensing deals by the end of the year in an attempt to boost the Valentino brand image.
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of retail group Saks Incorporated, has named Thomas Matthews group senior vice president of asset protection and operations for Saks Fifth Avenue....
Department store operator Bon-Ton Stores Inc is considering forming a buyout consortium with private equity companies in order to acquire upmarket store chain company Saks Inc, according to a report f...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of large-scale retailer Saks Incorporated, has announced plans to expand its existing 47,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue store in the Waterside Shops in Nap...
Department store operator Saks Inc is to close its private-label apparel business in order to focus on higher-priced designer brands....
US retail group Saks Inc says it is carrying out a more intensive investigation than initially planned into vendor payments at its Saks Fifth Avenue division....
US retailer Saks Inc, which last week announced the sacking of three senior executives in connection with illicit markdowns, is being sued by a former licensee for the Oscar de la Renta brand for impr...
Retail group Saks Incorporated has promoted Kevin Wills to the position of executive vice president of finance and chief accounting officer of the company....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020