US: Valley Apparel upgrades ERP and shop floor control
Valley Apparel, the manufacturer of high-end outerwear for the US military, has upgraded its ERP and Shop Floor Control tools from NGC Software.
The US government contractor is headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, and supplies rugged, high-end outerwear and tactical gear for the United States Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps.
The ERP software brings new capabilities to Valley Apparel, including greater flexibility to handle larger size scales, room for expanded descriptions of styles and sizes, and faster access to information. The Shop Floor Control adds improved data management capabilities.
Reporting is also improved, with the ability to handle both standard and customised reports.
"This has helped Valley Apparel use all the data that resides in the system and communicate more effectively, both inside and outside our organisation," explains CFO Kevin MacLeay.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? Using technology to help mitigate risk in the supply chain, automating data capture, and greater collaboration and i...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015