US: Valley Apparel upgrades ERP and shop floor control
Valley Apparel, the manufacturer of high-end outerwear for the US military, has upgraded its ERP and Shop Floor Control tools from NGC Software.
The US government contractor is headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, and supplies rugged, high-end outerwear and tactical gear for the United States Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps.
The ERP software brings new capabilities to Valley Apparel, including greater flexibility to handle larger size scales, room for expanded descriptions of styles and sizes, and faster access to information. The Shop Floor Control adds improved data management capabilities.
Reporting is also improved, with the ability to handle both standard and customised reports.
"This has helped Valley Apparel use all the data that resides in the system and communicate more effectively, both inside and outside our organisation," explains CFO Kevin MacLeay.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? Using technology to help mitigate risk in the supply chain, automating data capture, and greater collaboration and i...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Mothercare pursues "aggressive" plan of recovery
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- Hampshire and Levi Strauss in global sourcing deal