BELGIUM: Van de Velde FY turnover edges up
Lingerie business Van de Velde has today (8 January) reported a slight increase in full-year turnover, helped by gains made by its Rigby & Peller brand in Europe.
The company's turnover reached EUR182.4m (US$247.9m) in 2013, up 0.3% on EUR181.8m in the prior year.
Retail turnover at its Rigby & Peller brand (formerly Oreia) grew 13.3% in continental Europe, thanks to like-for-like sales growth of 6.5% in Germany and a number of new stores in Cologne, Munich, and Copenhagen.
In the UK, turnover for the brand grew 0.6% in local currency, but fell by around 4% in Euro terms due to a weaker British pound.
Retail turnover of the Intimacy brand, however, fell more than 12% in local currency. In like-for-like terms, sales fell 4.8% during the second half, down from 11% in the first six months of the year.
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019