BELGIUM: Van de Velde FY turnover edges up
Lingerie business Van de Velde has today (8 January) reported a slight increase in full-year turnover, helped by gains made by its Rigby & Peller brand in Europe.
The company's turnover reached EUR182.4m (US$247.9m) in 2013, up 0.3% on EUR181.8m in the prior year.
Retail turnover at its Rigby & Peller brand (formerly Oreia) grew 13.3% in continental Europe, thanks to like-for-like sales growth of 6.5% in Germany and a number of new stores in Cologne, Munich, and Copenhagen.
In the UK, turnover for the brand grew 0.6% in local currency, but fell by around 4% in Euro terms due to a weaker British pound.
Retail turnover of the Intimacy brand, however, fell more than 12% in local currency. In like-for-like terms, sales fell 4.8% during the second half, down from 11% in the first six months of the year.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape