BELGIUM: Van de Velde FY turnover edges up
Lingerie business Van de Velde has today (8 January) reported a slight increase in full-year turnover, helped by gains made by its Rigby & Peller brand in Europe.
The company's turnover reached EUR182.4m (US$247.9m) in 2013, up 0.3% on EUR181.8m in the prior year.
Retail turnover at its Rigby & Peller brand (formerly Oreia) grew 13.3% in continental Europe, thanks to like-for-like sales growth of 6.5% in Germany and a number of new stores in Cologne, Munich, and Copenhagen.
In the UK, turnover for the brand grew 0.6% in local currency, but fell by around 4% in Euro terms due to a weaker British pound.
Retail turnover of the Intimacy brand, however, fell more than 12% in local currency. In like-for-like terms, sales fell 4.8% during the second half, down from 11% in the first six months of the year.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019