BELGIUM: Van de Velde FY turnover edges up
Lingerie business Van de Velde has today (8 January) reported a slight increase in full-year turnover, helped by gains made by its Rigby & Peller brand in Europe.
The company's turnover reached EUR182.4m (US$247.9m) in 2013, up 0.3% on EUR181.8m in the prior year.
Retail turnover at its Rigby & Peller brand (formerly Oreia) grew 13.3% in continental Europe, thanks to like-for-like sales growth of 6.5% in Germany and a number of new stores in Cologne, Munich, and Copenhagen.
In the UK, turnover for the brand grew 0.6% in local currency, but fell by around 4% in Euro terms due to a weaker British pound.
Retail turnover of the Intimacy brand, however, fell more than 12% in local currency. In like-for-like terms, sales fell 4.8% during the second half, down from 11% in the first six months of the year.
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration