BELGIUM: Van de Velde FY turnover edges up
Lingerie business Van de Velde has today (8 January) reported a slight increase in full-year turnover, helped by gains made by its Rigby & Peller brand in Europe.
The company's turnover reached EUR182.4m (US$247.9m) in 2013, up 0.3% on EUR181.8m in the prior year.
Retail turnover at its Rigby & Peller brand (formerly Oreia) grew 13.3% in continental Europe, thanks to like-for-like sales growth of 6.5% in Germany and a number of new stores in Cologne, Munich, and Copenhagen.
In the UK, turnover for the brand grew 0.6% in local currency, but fell by around 4% in Euro terms due to a weaker British pound.
Retail turnover of the Intimacy brand, however, fell more than 12% in local currency. In like-for-like terms, sales fell 4.8% during the second half, down from 11% in the first six months of the year.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)