USA: Vans Implements Supply Chain Software
Supply chain solution firm Q4 Logistics said today footwear giant Vans Inc has upgraded to Manhattan Associates' Logistics PRO TMS v6.0 to streamline transportation processes and eliminate waste.
According to Joseph Giles, chief information officer at Vans, the company is now able to automatically assign the best carrier based on the most advantageous price.
Packing list and bill of lading documents are created from Logistics PRO TMS, which means 80 per cent of orders now bypass the company's Traffic Office, saving more than 50 labour-hours per week.
"Q4 Logistics was a great resource for us, because they knew the product, and they have direct knowledge of our industry," Giles said. "Q4 provided us with a practical approach and methodology for our implementation that proved to be very cost effective. They helped ensure that the upgrade was done on time and on budget."
Q4 Logistics implements supply chain, manufacturing, warehousing, and transportation solutions.
Companies: VF Corporation
Supply chain planner Manhattan Associates has announced its new supply chain strategies for retailers, claiming it is the only solutions provider to offer the complete footprint for supply chain manag...
Neighbouhood department store Mervyns has selected Manhattan Associates' Integrated Logistics Solutions as part of an IT upgrade....
Sportswear maker Fortune Fashions Industries has signed a deal with Sunrise Technologies for the deployment of Microsoft Dynamics AX (formerly Microsoft Axapta) ERP system and the warehouse outbound s...
Apparel group VF Corporation has chosen Manhattan Associates' warehouse management, labor management and performance management solutions for its outdoor division's newest distribution centre in Visal...
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Sew Cal Logo, which supplies apparel for the entertainment business and surf wear brands, has reported an 11.5 per cent rise in private-label business for spring and autumn 2006 compared to last year....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022