USA: Vans Implements Supply Chain Software
Supply chain solution firm Q4 Logistics said today footwear giant Vans Inc has upgraded to Manhattan Associates' Logistics PRO TMS v6.0 to streamline transportation processes and eliminate waste.
According to Joseph Giles, chief information officer at Vans, the company is now able to automatically assign the best carrier based on the most advantageous price.
Packing list and bill of lading documents are created from Logistics PRO TMS, which means 80 per cent of orders now bypass the company's Traffic Office, saving more than 50 labour-hours per week.
"Q4 Logistics was a great resource for us, because they knew the product, and they have direct knowledge of our industry," Giles said. "Q4 provided us with a practical approach and methodology for our implementation that proved to be very cost effective. They helped ensure that the upgrade was done on time and on budget."
Q4 Logistics implements supply chain, manufacturing, warehousing, and transportation solutions.
Companies: VF Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Supply chain planner Manhattan Associates has announced its new supply chain strategies for retailers, claiming it is the only solutions provider to offer the complete footprint for supply chain manag...
Neighbouhood department store Mervyns has selected Manhattan Associates' Integrated Logistics Solutions as part of an IT upgrade....
Sportswear maker Fortune Fashions Industries has signed a deal with Sunrise Technologies for the deployment of Microsoft Dynamics AX (formerly Microsoft Axapta) ERP system and the warehouse outbound s...
Apparel group VF Corporation has chosen Manhattan Associates' warehouse management, labor management and performance management solutions for its outdoor division's newest distribution centre in Visal...
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Sew Cal Logo, which supplies apparel for the entertainment business and surf wear brands, has reported an 11.5 per cent rise in private-label business for spring and autumn 2006 compared to last year....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022