USA: Vans, Inc. Hires Arthur Carver as Senior Vice President - Global Operations
Vans, Inc. (NASDAQ: VANS) today announced that Arthur Carver has joined the Company as Senior Vice President - Global Operations. In his new position, Mr. Carver will be responsible for overseeing Vans' global logistics, sourcing, information technology and customer service, as well as international sales for Asia and South and Central America. Gary H. Schoenfeld, President and Chief Executive Officer of Vans, said, "Art is a bright, 29-year industry veteran who started his career running his own retail stores then spent 15 years with Reebok, beginning his career there in sales and eventually becoming Senior Vice President, Sourcing and Logistics, Worldwide. He brings a wealth of experience to the Company - on a worldwide scale - and his expertise adds additional depth to our team as we plan for future growth."Vans, Inc. is a leading branded lifestyle company for the youth market. Vans reaches its 10 to 24 year-old target consumers through the sponsorship of Core Sports,(TM) such as skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing and wakeboarding, and through major entertainment events and venues, such as the VANS Triple Crown(TM) Series, the VANS Warped Tour,(TM) the VANS World Amateur Skateboarding Championships, the world's largest VANS skate parks, and the VANS High Cascade Snowboard Camp,(TM) located on Mt. Hood. The Company operates 133 retail stores in the U.S. and Europe, and designs, markets and distributes active-casual footwear, clothing and accessories, performance footwear for Core Sports, (TM) snowboard boots, step-in snowboard boot bindings, and outerwear worldwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack