USA: Vans Warns Of SARS Impact On Asian Ops
Leading footwear firm Vans Inc has revealed the recent outbreak of the deadly SARS virus in China and Hong Kong could hit its ability to make and ship products.
The California-based company said in a corporate filing that most of the factories it has contracts with are situated in southern China while its Asian offices are based in Hong Kong.
"Any significant interruption in our ability to send personnel to those areas to inspect and develop product or samples, or a high absenteeism rate at the factories or at our offices, could have an adverse effect on our ability to finalise, manufacture and ship our products," it said.
Vans last month revealed it swung to a third quarter loss amid flat sales and a net $9.4 million charge for the write down of 10 skate parks and some outlets.
Companies: VF Corporation
Lifestyle apparel group VF has experienced sales and earnings increases for both the full-year and fourth quarter of 2005, boosted by sales of outdoor clothing and equipment....
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Sew Cal Logo, which supplies apparel for the entertainment business and surf wear brands, has reported an 11.5 per cent rise in private-label business for spring and autumn 2006 compared to last year....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
Former employees of footwear and apparel company Vans Inc have been sentenced to 71 months in prison for obtaining $4.7 million in bribes and kickbacks from Chinese factories that made Vans merchandis...
Branded apparel company VF Corporation has completed its acquisition of surf-inspired footwear business Reef Holdings Corporation....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020