INDIA: Vardhaman Group Delivers Tepid Results
Vardhaman Group's three subsidiaries delivered tepid results for the last quarter. Combined year-on-year sales for the second quarter for Vardhaman Spinning, Mahavir Spinning, and Vardhaman Polytex grew six per cent from US$77.6m to US$82.4m, but profits declined eight per cent from US$6.4m to US$5.8m. The three companies have facilities for acrylic and acrylic-wool blended yarn, fabric and processing. The dominant player in this field for a generation now, the group is now facing a serious challenge from an Indian player who has set up shop in neighbouring Nepal, where Indian exporters can import goods free of customs duty. Just last year, one of the companies, Vardhaman Spinning and General Mills Ltd, invested US$21.5m to set up a fabric process house.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020