US: Velvet by Graham and Spencer secures CGS PLM
Contemporary clothing brand Velvet by Graham and Spencer has chosen the BlueCherry PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software solution to help manage its creative and production teams.
The company, which is based in Culver City, California, required a PLM system to better monitor the design process. It will also be integrated into the firm's existing BlueCherry system from Computer Generated Solutions (CGS).
"As a result of the implementation, we expect to see improved productivity and increased visibility which will allow for better communication and decision making," says Henry Hirschowitz, president of Velvet.
The clothing company should also "be able to decrease lead times, improve internal and supplier collaboration, increase process visibility, and achieve many other strategic business enhancements that were previously unfeasible," adds Paul Magel, president of the Application Solutions Group at CGS.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Japanese women's wear manufacturer and retailer Trans-Global Merchandise (TGM) is adopting Lectra Fashion PLM to help to improve product development workflow and communication....
US skiwear company Sport Obermeyer is set to implement NGC Software's Global Enterprise Suite for PLM, SCM and ERP....
Fashion brand Façonnable has implemented Lectra Fashion PLM to help boost business growth by streamlining the development of its collections....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has raised another $19m in venture capital financing - which it intends to use to fuel ongoing product and business development effor...
Benetton is rolling out the WFX On-demand web-based PLM solution across its South Asian operations to help manage product development and production and to collaborate with its vendor base....
Outdoor wear company Cabela's has implemented a product lifecycle management system (PLM) from PTC to eliminate redundant tasks and enable more time for creativity and innovation. ...
Ascena Retail Group is investing in TradeStone Software's Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions to help drive collaboration, enhance consistency and improve efficiency across its business....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts