USA: Venator Net Nearly Tripled On Strong Apparel Sales
Venator Group In. said net income nearly tripled in the fiscal first quarter, fuelled by strong sales of basketball sneakers and private-label apparel, as well as improved operating efficiencies. For the quarter ended May 5, the operator of such retail chains as Footlocker and Champs Sports, posted net income of $37m, or 27 cents a diluted share, compared with $13m, or 10 cents a share, in the year-earlier period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores