USA: Venator's Serra Is Named CEO As Hilpert Quits
Venator Group, which operates the Foot Locker and Champs Sports retail chains, named Matthew Serra president and chief executive after Dale Hilpert resigned to join Williams-Sonoma, the Wall Street Journal reported. The company also said J. Carter Bacot, a board member since 1993, would serve as non-executive chairman. Mr Serra currently serves as Venator's president and chief operating officer. He joined Venator in 1998 and helped shore up the retailer's athletic business, the focus of Venator's business today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022