DENMARK: Vernon Accuses Fotex Of Marketing Law Violation
Sportswear company Vernon Sport has filed a complaint against retailer Fotex for breaking Denmark's marketing laws.
Vernon called in the police and Denmark's Consumer Ombudsman after Fotex advertised Russell Athletic sweatshirts, imported by Vernon, at DKK249, citing a saving of up to DKK450.
But Vernon says that Russell sweatshirts have never retailed for DKK699.
The case follows others made against Fotex, relating to plagiarism and also illegal product marketing.
Fotex, which belongs to retail group Dansk Supermarked, currently operates 70 stores throughout Denmark.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell Corporation has named Victoria Beck as a vice president of the company, effective as of 1 September....
Sportswear maker Puma has signed a deal to be the official supplier to teams belonging to the Manu Samoa Rugby Union, and has also reported good second-quarter trading....
Germany's Cartel Office has given its approval to entrepreneur siblings Gunter and Daniela Herz's proposal to buy a majority stake in sportswear company Puma....
German sportswear company Puma's Polish subsidiary aims to grow its operations in the country to become the third biggest brand in the Polish sports fashion market by 2007, director general Piotr Cich...
Sportswear manufacturer Puma is launching a range of footwear in conjunction with fashion designer Alexander McQueen....
Sports goods company Russell Corporation, which yesterday announced a deal with Kangwei for the sale of its Spalding brand in China, has outlined a set of strategic long-term goals and objectives....
Sports goods company Russell Corporation has signed a strategic alliance agreement with Kangwei to design, manufacture and sell Spalding sports products in China....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020