ITALY: Versace's Versus line in new digital strategy
Italian fashion house Gianni Versace Spa is overhauling its Versus diffusion line, in a move that will see it part company with creative director Christopher Kane and work instead with a pool of young designers.
The company says the changes are aimed at repositioning the Versus brand and focusing on a new digital strategy.
In future, the Versus line will be under the creative leadership of Donatella Versace, and will include collaborations with young designers, stylists and "creatives" on capsule collections, co-branding projects and limited edition pieces.
The brand will also move away from traditional catwalk shows, and will instead introduce new collections at special "presentation events," the first of which is planned for March/April 2013 in New York.
Product development, production and distribution of the collections will also evolve to a non-seasonal schedule, a statement said.
And distribution will focus on new direct stores, franchising agreements, multi-brand and department stores, as well as a digital flagship store.
"This is a very exciting development for Versus, and I'm thrilled to be engaged in such a major shake-up of the fashion world's rules," said Donatella Versace.
While Gian Giacomo Ferraris, CEO of Versace SpA, added: "We are ahead of plans with the Versace brand and this is the perfect time for a new project with Versus, which has traditionally been the lab for experimenting.
"Digital is changing our world, and we want to be the first to seize the opportunities."
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras