ITALY: Versace's Versus line in new digital strategy
Italian fashion house Gianni Versace Spa is overhauling its Versus diffusion line, in a move that will see it part company with creative director Christopher Kane and work instead with a pool of young designers.
The company says the changes are aimed at repositioning the Versus brand and focusing on a new digital strategy.
In future, the Versus line will be under the creative leadership of Donatella Versace, and will include collaborations with young designers, stylists and "creatives" on capsule collections, co-branding projects and limited edition pieces.
The brand will also move away from traditional catwalk shows, and will instead introduce new collections at special "presentation events," the first of which is planned for March/April 2013 in New York.
Product development, production and distribution of the collections will also evolve to a non-seasonal schedule, a statement said.
And distribution will focus on new direct stores, franchising agreements, multi-brand and department stores, as well as a digital flagship store.
"This is a very exciting development for Versus, and I'm thrilled to be engaged in such a major shake-up of the fashion world's rules," said Donatella Versace.
While Gian Giacomo Ferraris, CEO of Versace SpA, added: "We are ahead of plans with the Versace brand and this is the perfect time for a new project with Versus, which has traditionally been the lab for experimenting.
"Digital is changing our world, and we want to be the first to seize the opportunities."
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Athletic players well positioned amid disruption
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields