ITALY: Versace's Versus line in new digital strategy
Italian fashion house Gianni Versace Spa is overhauling its Versus diffusion line, in a move that will see it part company with creative director Christopher Kane and work instead with a pool of young designers.
The company says the changes are aimed at repositioning the Versus brand and focusing on a new digital strategy.
In future, the Versus line will be under the creative leadership of Donatella Versace, and will include collaborations with young designers, stylists and "creatives" on capsule collections, co-branding projects and limited edition pieces.
The brand will also move away from traditional catwalk shows, and will instead introduce new collections at special "presentation events," the first of which is planned for March/April 2013 in New York.
Product development, production and distribution of the collections will also evolve to a non-seasonal schedule, a statement said.
And distribution will focus on new direct stores, franchising agreements, multi-brand and department stores, as well as a digital flagship store.
"This is a very exciting development for Versus, and I'm thrilled to be engaged in such a major shake-up of the fashion world's rules," said Donatella Versace.
While Gian Giacomo Ferraris, CEO of Versace SpA, added: "We are ahead of plans with the Versace brand and this is the perfect time for a new project with Versus, which has traditionally been the lab for experimenting.
"Digital is changing our world, and we want to be the first to seize the opportunities."
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry