ITALY: Versace's Versus line in new digital strategy
Italian fashion house Gianni Versace Spa is overhauling its Versus diffusion line, in a move that will see it part company with creative director Christopher Kane and work instead with a pool of young designers.
The company says the changes are aimed at repositioning the Versus brand and focusing on a new digital strategy.
In future, the Versus line will be under the creative leadership of Donatella Versace, and will include collaborations with young designers, stylists and "creatives" on capsule collections, co-branding projects and limited edition pieces.
The brand will also move away from traditional catwalk shows, and will instead introduce new collections at special "presentation events," the first of which is planned for March/April 2013 in New York.
Product development, production and distribution of the collections will also evolve to a non-seasonal schedule, a statement said.
And distribution will focus on new direct stores, franchising agreements, multi-brand and department stores, as well as a digital flagship store.
"This is a very exciting development for Versus, and I'm thrilled to be engaged in such a major shake-up of the fashion world's rules," said Donatella Versace.
While Gian Giacomo Ferraris, CEO of Versace SpA, added: "We are ahead of plans with the Versace brand and this is the perfect time for a new project with Versus, which has traditionally been the lab for experimenting.
"Digital is changing our world, and we want to be the first to seize the opportunities."
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015