US: Vestagen buys Vestex tech rights from Schoeller
Vestagen Technical Textiles has moved to acquire the worldwide rights to technologies associated with its Vestex fabric from Schoeller Technologies.
The US company said the technologies were “integral” to the properties of Vestex, an active barrier protective fabric designed to prevent or reduce the absorption of microbes and other contaminants.
The company has initially focused on using Vestex to develop medical scrubs and other protective apparel for healthcare workers.
“This expanded agreement establishes Vestagen as the premier healthcare partner of Schoeller, a global leader in textile technology, and caps four years of productive collaboration between our two companies,” said Uncas “Ben” Favret III, Vestagen president and CEO.
Technical textiles are materials specifically designed to provide solutions such as conductivity, filtration, flexibility, lightness, reinforcement, resistance, and strength. These fibers and material...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Smart Fabrics and Interactive Textiles in US$ Million by the following Application Segments: Consumer Products, Military, Transportation, Biomedical, Ind...
In 2014, the outdoor industry is at a crossroads, challenged by changing demographics, sourcing issues, and competition from the active sportswear industry. This report examines the current status and...
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape