US: Vestagen buys Vestex tech rights from Schoeller
Vestagen Technical Textiles has moved to acquire the worldwide rights to technologies associated with its Vestex fabric from Schoeller Technologies.
The US company said the technologies were “integral” to the properties of Vestex, an active barrier protective fabric designed to prevent or reduce the absorption of microbes and other contaminants.
The company has initially focused on using Vestex to develop medical scrubs and other protective apparel for healthcare workers.
“This expanded agreement establishes Vestagen as the premier healthcare partner of Schoeller, a global leader in textile technology, and caps four years of productive collaboration between our two companies,” said Uncas “Ben” Favret III, Vestagen president and CEO.
Technical textiles are materials specifically designed to provide solutions such as conductivity, filtration, flexibility, lightness, reinforcement, resistance, and strength. These fibers and material...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Smart Fabrics and Interactive Textiles in US$ Million by the following Application Segments: Consumer Products, Military, Transportation, Biomedical, Ind...
In 2014, the outdoor industry is at a crossroads, challenged by changing demographics, sourcing issues, and competition from the active sportswear industry. This report examines the current status and...
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis