US: Vestagen buys Vestex tech rights from Schoeller
Vestagen Technical Textiles has moved to acquire the worldwide rights to technologies associated with its Vestex fabric from Schoeller Technologies.
The US company said the technologies were “integral” to the properties of Vestex, an active barrier protective fabric designed to prevent or reduce the absorption of microbes and other contaminants.
The company has initially focused on using Vestex to develop medical scrubs and other protective apparel for healthcare workers.
“This expanded agreement establishes Vestagen as the premier healthcare partner of Schoeller, a global leader in textile technology, and caps four years of productive collaboration between our two companies,” said Uncas “Ben” Favret III, Vestagen president and CEO.
Technical textiles are materials specifically designed to provide solutions such as conductivity, filtration, flexibility, lightness, reinforcement, resistance, and strength. These fibers and material...
In 2014, the outdoor industry is at a crossroads, challenged by changing demographics, sourcing issues, and competition from the active sportswear industry. This report examines the current status and...
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- PVH ramps up corporate responsibility commitments
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- US Q2 in brief - Chico's, Caleres, G-III Apparel
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Nike and Under Armour top social currency chart
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras