US: Vestagen buys Vestex tech rights from Schoeller
Vestagen Technical Textiles has moved to acquire the worldwide rights to technologies associated with its Vestex fabric from Schoeller Technologies.
The US company said the technologies were “integral” to the properties of Vestex, an active barrier protective fabric designed to prevent or reduce the absorption of microbes and other contaminants.
The company has initially focused on using Vestex to develop medical scrubs and other protective apparel for healthcare workers.
“This expanded agreement establishes Vestagen as the premier healthcare partner of Schoeller, a global leader in textile technology, and caps four years of productive collaboration between our two companies,” said Uncas “Ben” Favret III, Vestagen president and CEO.
Clothing made from temperature control fabrics plays a critical role in boosting the physiological comfort of the wearer -- and such comfort can have a vital role to play in the performance of an athl...
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textiles sector, including: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; business news; financial results; investment...
Moisture management is the process of transporting moisture in the form of perspiration away from the skin to the outer surface of a fabric or garment where it can evaporate....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
Waterproof breathable fabrics -- which protect against rain, wind and snow while allowing perspiration vapour to escape -- are among the most technically advanced in the performance apparel market. An...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: dyes for performance apparel; electronic apparel; fabric printing inks; fabrics for performance apparel; fabrics for protective apparel;...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and clothing industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; antimicrobial sewing thread; apparel sizing and ...
Technical textiles are materials specifically designed to provide solutions such as conductivity, filtration, flexibility, lightness, reinforcement, resistance, and strength. These fibers and material...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide