US: VF adds COO Wiseman to board of directors
Eric Wiseman, president and chief operating officer of VF Corp, has been elected to the company's board of directors.
The addition of Wiseman brings membership on the board to 13. He and Mackey McDonald, chairman and chief executive officer of the firm, are the only two inside directors.
Wiseman, 51, joined VF, based in Greensboro, NC, in 1995 as executive vice president of the JanSport brand and headed its intimate apparel and outdoor coalitions before becoming executive vice president of global brand in 2005.
He was promoted to his most recent post, in which he has responsibility for the company's day-to-day operations, last March. His career in the apparel industry spans 28 years.
In a statement, McDonald said: "This appointment serves as a natural progression of his role as president and chief operating officer and will enhance his interaction with the board. His extensive apparel industry experience also will provide valuable perspective to the board."
By Arnold J Karr.
With many battle-scars earned over many brands and several years, and around $40m in annual sales, American apparel giant VF Corporation seems like a veteran in the Indian market. Its story so far - i...
Peter Rizzo resigned Thursday (5 April) as chairman, chief executive officer and a director of IC Isaacs & Co. Robert Stec, a director of the company since 2002, has been appointed interim CEO of the ...
VF Corp's stock hit a 52-week high on Monday (2 April) after the company took the license for The North Face brand in China in-house and closed the divestiture of its intimate apparel unit to Fruit of...
VF Corporation has announced that Aidan O'Meara has been appointed to the new position of president - VF Asia Pacific....
The baseball season began early for VF Corp. The VF Imagewear subsidiary of the Greensboro, North Carolina-based jeanswear and sportswear giant has acquired Majestic Athletic Inc, a supplier of sports...
VF Corp has added another trophy to its outdoor mantel. The Greensboro, North Carolina-based jeans and sportswear maker said Monday (29 January) that it had completed its acquisition of adventure trav...
Apparel maker VF Corp is to sell its intimate apparel business for US$350m to Berkshire Hathaway unit Fruit of the Loom as part of its strategy to streamline its operations....
VF Jeanswear Limited, a subsidiary of VF Corp, has announced it will shut its laundry and finishing facility in Winston-Salem, North Carolina....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020