INDIA: VF Arvind planning to roll out more brands?
VF Corp, one of the world's largest apparel makers, is planning to launch more of its brands in India and increase its retail presence in the country, according to local media reports.
The US-based company, which last September set up a 60:40 joint venture with Arvind Brands - called VF Arvind Brands Private Ltd - already sells its Lee, Wrangler, Nautica, Kipling and Jansport labels in India.
But it is now evaluating opportunities for its value-priced Maverick brand and its premium denim wear brand 7 For All Mankind, as well as its fast-growing North Face outdoor apparel range.
Last week Kanchan Pant was named as the new managing director of the joint venture company, and Aidan O'Meara, president of VF Asia Pacific, has described India as one of "VF's biggest geographical growth opportunities."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
US-based men's tailored clothing company Hartmarx Corporation is to sell its brands in India after signing a licensing agreement with Arvind Brands, a unit of The Arvind Mills Ltd....
Dan Hesse has resigned from the board of directors at VF Corporation to focus on his business commitments....
VF Corporation is optimistic about its prospects for the remainder of the year after the branded apparel company's first quarter profits surged 11% to a record US$149m....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack