USA: VF Completes Acquisition of The North Face, Inc.
VF intends to proceed promptly to effect the previously announced proposed merger of its subsidiary with and into The North Face. VF will acquire the remaining The North Face shares through a merger under Delaware law, which is expected to be completed in the next several months. In connection with the merger, The North Face stockholders who did not tender their shares in the tender offer will receive $2.00 per share, net to the stockholder in cash, on the same basis as the tender offer. The North Face stockholders who did not tender their shares in the tender offer will shortly be receiving material in connection with the merger.
Mackey McDonald, chairman and CEO of VF, said, "We are delighted to officially welcome The North Face to VF. The North Face acquisition enhances VF's position in upper tier channels of retail distribution and gives VF greater access to new consumer segments in the outdoor apparel and gear markets. VF intends to continue The North Face's tradition of providing innovative, highly technical products for outdoor enthusiasts."
Headquartered in San Leandro, California, The North Face was founded in 1966. Today, The North Face offers the most technically advanced products in the market to accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers and explorers. The North Face products are sold in specialty mountaineering, backpacking and skiing retailers, premium-sporting goods retailers and major outdoor specialty retail chains.
With $5.6 billion in sales, VF Corporation is the world's largest apparel company and a leader in jeanswear, intimate apparel, workwear, knitwear, playwear, daypacks and swimwear. Its principal brands include Lee, Wrangler, Riders, Rustler, Vanity Fair, Vassarette, Bestform, Lily of France, Lee Sport, Healthtex, Jantzen, JanSport and Red Kap. Its international intimate apparel brands include Lou, Bolero, Variance, Carina, Belcor, Gemma and Intima Cherry.
VF Corporation's press releases, annual report and other information can be accessed through the company's home page on the World Wide Web, www.vfc.com.
Food and consumer products group Sara Lee Corp is axing 775 jobs from its Branded Apparel business as it prepares to turn the division into a publicly held company....
VF Corporation owned denim brand, Lee, has seen growth of about 30 per cent in India, with sales rising from US$18 million (Rs780 million) in 2003 to over US$23 million (Rs1 billion) in 2004....
Jeans wear company Lee Cooper Group Limited and its affiliated companies have been acquired by Sun Capital Partners Inc's affiliate and two unrelated equity sponsors....
Intimate apparel manufacturer Sara Lee Branded Apparel has introduced an integrated mix of retail and supply chain software at its Lovable division in Italy to enhance the smooth running of its new re...
Value retail chain Matalan Plc has confirmed that it will sell its Lee Cooper brand to private equity firm Emerisque Capital for £30 million, and has reported a 31 per cent hike in full-year underlyin...
Manufacturing giant Sara Lee Corp's branded apparel unit plans to axe 350 jobs from the division that makes Champion sportswear and intimate apparel under the Bali, Playtex, L'eggs and Wonderbra brand...
US retail group Sara Lee Corporation has named Frank van Oers as a vice president of the corporation, with immediate effect....
Large-scale manufacturer Sara Lee has posted a 50 per cent plummet in third-quarter profit, affected by sluggish clothing sales and high commodity costs....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis