USA: VF Completes Eastpak Acquisition
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today that it has completed the acquisition of the Eastpak branded business from Sunbeam Corporation (NYSE: SOC). The agreement for the acquisition was announced on March 20, 2000. Eastpak is a leading brand name in backpacks, book bags and other school accessories with annual sales of approximately $90 million.Eastpak is being integrated into VF's JanSport subsidiary. Paul Delorey, president of JanSport, has assumed global responsibilities for Eastpak's operations. JanSport recently formed the VF Europe Back Pack division to consolidate JanSport's existing European business with that of Eastpak's. Jim Thomsen, vice president of sales for JanSport, has been named vice president/general manager of Back Packs Europe, which will be headquartered in Brussels.With $5.6 billion in sales, VF Corporation is the world's largest apparel company and a leader in jeanswear, intimate apparel, workwear, knitwear, playwear, daypacks and swimwear. Its principal brands include Lee, Wrangler, Riders, Rustler, Vanity Fair, Vassarette, Bestform, Lily of France, Lee Sport, Healthtex, Jantzen, JanSport and Red Kap. Its international intimate apparel brands include Lou, Bolero, Variance, Carina, Belcor, Gemma and Intima Cherry. VF Corporation's press releases, annual report and other information can be accessed through the company's home page on the World Wide Web,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar