USA: VF Completes Eastpak Acquisition
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today that it has completed the acquisition of the Eastpak branded business from Sunbeam Corporation (NYSE: SOC). The agreement for the acquisition was announced on March 20, 2000. Eastpak is a leading brand name in backpacks, book bags and other school accessories with annual sales of approximately $90 million.Eastpak is being integrated into VF's JanSport subsidiary. Paul Delorey, president of JanSport, has assumed global responsibilities for Eastpak's operations. JanSport recently formed the VF Europe Back Pack division to consolidate JanSport's existing European business with that of Eastpak's. Jim Thomsen, vice president of sales for JanSport, has been named vice president/general manager of Back Packs Europe, which will be headquartered in Brussels.With $5.6 billion in sales, VF Corporation is the world's largest apparel company and a leader in jeanswear, intimate apparel, workwear, knitwear, playwear, daypacks and swimwear. Its principal brands include Lee, Wrangler, Riders, Rustler, Vanity Fair, Vassarette, Bestform, Lily of France, Lee Sport, Healthtex, Jantzen, JanSport and Red Kap. Its international intimate apparel brands include Lou, Bolero, Variance, Carina, Belcor, Gemma and Intima Cherry. VF Corporation's press releases, annual report and other information can be accessed through the company's home page on the World Wide Web,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020