USA: VF Concludes Acquisition of H.I.S. Sportswear
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today that it has acquired control of H.I.S. Sportswear AG. VF agreed to acquire the majority holdings of H.I.S. from Durango Apparel in August 2000 subject to the successful completion of a tender offer in Germany that would result in VF owning at least 75 per cent of the shares of H.I.S. Sportswear. VF has acquired approximately 84 per cent of the outstanding shares of H.I.S., including the shares tendered in the previously announced tender offer.H.I.S. branded jeans and casual pants for men and women are sold primarily through specialty and department stores in Europe. The H.I.S. brand is the leading women's jeans brand in Germany. The brand will be added to VF's European jeans unit, which also markets the Lee, Wrangler, Maverick and Old Axe brands.Said Terry Lay, vice president and chairman, VF's international jeanswear coalition: "The H.I.S. brand enjoys excellent brand awareness and visibility in Germany, one of our most important markets. We are pleased to add the H.I.S. brand to our growing portfolio."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar