USA: VF Concludes Acquisition of H.I.S. Sportswear
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today that it has acquired control of H.I.S. Sportswear AG. VF agreed to acquire the majority holdings of H.I.S. from Durango Apparel in August 2000 subject to the successful completion of a tender offer in Germany that would result in VF owning at least 75 per cent of the shares of H.I.S. Sportswear. VF has acquired approximately 84 per cent of the outstanding shares of H.I.S., including the shares tendered in the previously announced tender offer.H.I.S. branded jeans and casual pants for men and women are sold primarily through specialty and department stores in Europe. The H.I.S. brand is the leading women's jeans brand in Germany. The brand will be added to VF's European jeans unit, which also markets the Lee, Wrangler, Maverick and Old Axe brands.Said Terry Lay, vice president and chairman, VF's international jeanswear coalition: "The H.I.S. brand enjoys excellent brand awareness and visibility in Germany, one of our most important markets. We are pleased to add the H.I.S. brand to our growing portfolio."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar