USA: VF Concludes Acquisition of H.I.S. Sportswear
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today that it has acquired control of H.I.S. Sportswear AG. VF agreed to acquire the majority holdings of H.I.S. from Durango Apparel in August 2000 subject to the successful completion of a tender offer in Germany that would result in VF owning at least 75 per cent of the shares of H.I.S. Sportswear. VF has acquired approximately 84 per cent of the outstanding shares of H.I.S., including the shares tendered in the previously announced tender offer.H.I.S. branded jeans and casual pants for men and women are sold primarily through specialty and department stores in Europe. The H.I.S. brand is the leading women's jeans brand in Germany. The brand will be added to VF's European jeans unit, which also markets the Lee, Wrangler, Maverick and Old Axe brands.Said Terry Lay, vice president and chairman, VF's international jeanswear coalition: "The H.I.S. brand enjoys excellent brand awareness and visibility in Germany, one of our most important markets. We are pleased to add the H.I.S. brand to our growing portfolio."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016