US: VF confirms distribution centre closure
Branded apparel business VF Outdoor has confirmed it is shutting down its distribution facility in Lenexa, Kansas, toward the end of this month.
The business, a part of VF Corporation, said work previously undertaken at the facility will move to the new distribution centre in Visalia, Califnia.
The 100 affected workers can continue to work during a phase-out period, and those continuing through the period will be offered a package that will include some combination of severance pay, educational assistance for retraining, outplacement assistance, and other benefits.
The decision to push Nautica back into European women's wear in autumn 2007 will be eagerly watched after failed attempts in the past. But observers will notice a significant difference between the pr...
Paul Charron, chief executive officer of Liz Claiborne Inc, believes that clothing suppliers will increasingly move towards a hybrid model where they are both manufacturer and retailer. In an exclusiv...
With many battle-scars earned over many brands and several years, and around $40m in annual sales, American apparel giant VF Corporation seems like a veteran in the Indian market. Its story so far - i...
Retail consolidation in the US has been squeezing the apparel industry for several years, but after a succession of disastrous financial results wholesalers appear to be adapting to the new environmen...
Performance apparel and footwear retailer Under Armour has announced the appointment of James Calo to a new position of first chief supply chain officer....
Apparel maker VF Corporation today (20 October) posted a 10% jump in third quarter profits, boosted by strong sales across its outdoor, jeanswear, sportswear, imagewear and intimates businesses - and ...
Branded clothing company VF Corporation has named D Paul Dascoli as the new CFO of its VF Jeanswear division....
US branded apparel maker VF Corp has set up a joint venture to market its US brands in the Indian market and announced a new international team to help support its global growth....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020