VF Corp names Roe CFO as Shearer retires
Apparel and footwear giant VF Corp has named Scott Roe as its new CFO, replacing Robert Shearer who is to step down next year after 28 years with the company.
Roe, who currently serves as vice president, controller and chief accounting officer, will take on his new role in March 2015 when Shearer retires.
Roe joined VF in 1996 as an audit manager, and has since held multiple positions of increasing responsibility within the finance organisation, including vice president of finance, and CFO for the company's international business.
Shearer, meanwhile, was appointed assistant controller at VF in 1986, and was named senior vice president and CFO nine years ago.
During his tenure as CFO, VF's revenues have more than doubled to US$11.4bn in 2013, and its share price has increased five-fold.
CORRECTION: This article was updated on 2 October, 2014. The original title read 'CEO' rather than 'CFO'.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The Better Cotton Initiative has launched its first 'on product' mark as part of efforts to increase demand for more sustainable cotton. ...
The US International Trade Commission has narrowed the scope of its ongoing patent infringement investigation of certain laser abraded denim garments by removing five respondents....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar