VF Corp promotes Baxter to outdoor Americas head
US clothing giant VF Corp has promoted Scott Baxter to the position of group president of its outdoor and action sports Americas business.
Baxter, a nine-year veteran at VF Corp, takes up the role with immediate effect, moving from his previous position of president of jeanswear Americas, imagewear and South America.
Phil McAdams, a 38-year veteran in VF's jeanswear business, will succeed Baxter in this role, with Tom Waldron succeeding McAdams as president of the Wrangler brand.
Also as part of the organisational changes, Kevin Bailey, president of VF Action Sports and Vans, will have the added responsibility of overseeing the company's activities in Central and South America, and the outdoor and action sports businesses in Canada and Mexico.
"At VF, we remain sharply focused on our global growth drivers: leading in innovation; connecting with consumers; serving consumers directly; and, expanding geographically," said COO Steven Rendle. "Scott, Phil, Tom and Kevin have proven their ability to execute against these drivers as they have worked to position our brands to win in the global marketplace. I have every confidence they will continue to deliver results and provide strong leadership."
Last month, VF revealed lower-than-expected fourth-quarter results as unseasonably warm temperatures weighed on sales of its The North Face and Timberland cold weather brands.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In the most recent fourth-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Destination XL moved to a profit but booked lower sales, while Caleres moved to a loss in the quarter. VF C...
Hong Kong-based sourcing specialist William E Connor & Associates has been named as one of world's most ethical companies for the sixth year in a row. ...
VF Corp-owned jeanswear brand Wrangler has partnered with textile maker Mount Vernon to develop a "breakthrough" collection of the company's Flame Resistant (FR) jeans featuring cooling technology....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts