US: VF Corp Q4 sales and earnings climb
- Q4 net profit up 7%
- Gross margin at 48.2%
- Net sales climb 8%
Earnings grew 7% to $386m during the fourth quarter
Apparel giant VF Corporation has booked an increase in fourth-quarter earnings and sales, but results missed analyst expectations.
In the three months to the end of December, earnings grew 7% to US$386m or $0.82 per share, from $334.17m a year earlier. Thomson Reuters analysts had expected the company to report profit per share of $0.84.
Gross margin improved 80 basis points in the period to 48.2%, compared with 47.4% in the same period of 2012. The increase reflected the continuing shift of its revenue mix toward higher margin businesses as well as lower year-over-year product costs, the company said.
Revenues rose 8% to $3.3bn, driven by double-digit growth in the group's Outdoor & Action Sports, Sportswear, international and direct-to-consumer businesses, and high single-digit percentage growth in its Imagewear coalition.
Analysts had expected revenue of $3.34bn for the quarter.
For the full year, VF Corp said it expects revenue to increase by 7-8%, and EPS to increase 11-13% to $3 to $3.05.
V.F. Corporation (VFC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glob...
VF Corp’s unique brand portfolio sees it moving from strength to strength on the global apparel stage. Its decision to focus on its outdoor and action sports division is an astute move given the lucra...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
An innovative new pocketing fabric has been developed using Lenzing's Tencel fibre, which is said to take pocketing and waistbanding "to a new era with softness, strength and sustainability."...
Synopsis Canadean's "Timberland LLC: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ke...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies