US: VF Corp Q4 sales and earnings climb
- Q4 net profit up 7%
- Gross margin at 48.2%
- Net sales climb 8%
Earnings grew 7% to $386m during the fourth quarter
Apparel giant VF Corporation has booked an increase in fourth-quarter earnings and sales, but results missed analyst expectations.
In the three months to the end of December, earnings grew 7% to US$386m or $0.82 per share, from $334.17m a year earlier. Thomson Reuters analysts had expected the company to report profit per share of $0.84.
Gross margin improved 80 basis points in the period to 48.2%, compared with 47.4% in the same period of 2012. The increase reflected the continuing shift of its revenue mix toward higher margin businesses as well as lower year-over-year product costs, the company said.
Revenues rose 8% to $3.3bn, driven by double-digit growth in the group's Outdoor & Action Sports, Sportswear, international and direct-to-consumer businesses, and high single-digit percentage growth in its Imagewear coalition.
Analysts had expected revenue of $3.34bn for the quarter.
For the full year, VF Corp said it expects revenue to increase by 7-8%, and EPS to increase 11-13% to $3 to $3.05.
V.F. Corporation (VFC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glob...
VF Corp’s unique brand portfolio sees it moving from strength to strength on the global apparel stage. Its decision to focus on its outdoor and action sports division is an astute move given the lucra...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
More than 20 people were arrested at an REI store in the US amid protests at the retailer's ties with outdoor brand The North Face, which is accused of worker rights violations in Bangladesh....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- US apparel import data shows China competitiveness
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Critical findings identified at Bangladesh complex
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey