US: VF Corp Q4 sales and earnings climb
- Q4 net profit up 7%
- Gross margin at 48.2%
- Net sales climb 8%
Earnings grew 7% to $386m during the fourth quarter
Apparel giant VF Corporation has booked an increase in fourth-quarter earnings and sales, but results missed analyst expectations.
In the three months to the end of December, earnings grew 7% to US$386m or $0.82 per share, from $334.17m a year earlier. Thomson Reuters analysts had expected the company to report profit per share of $0.84.
Gross margin improved 80 basis points in the period to 48.2%, compared with 47.4% in the same period of 2012. The increase reflected the continuing shift of its revenue mix toward higher margin businesses as well as lower year-over-year product costs, the company said.
Revenues rose 8% to $3.3bn, driven by double-digit growth in the group's Outdoor & Action Sports, Sportswear, international and direct-to-consumer businesses, and high single-digit percentage growth in its Imagewear coalition.
Analysts had expected revenue of $3.34bn for the quarter.
For the full year, VF Corp said it expects revenue to increase by 7-8%, and EPS to increase 11-13% to $3 to $3.05.
VF Corp’s unique brand portfolio sees it moving from strength to strength on the global apparel stage. Its decision to focus on its outdoor and action sports division is an astute move given the lucra...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
More than 20 people were arrested at an REI store in the US amid protests at the retailer's ties with outdoor brand The North Face, which is accused of worker rights violations in Bangladesh....
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details