US: VF Corp Q4 sales and earnings climb
- Q4 net profit up 7%
- Gross margin at 48.2%
- Net sales climb 8%
Earnings grew 7% to $386m during the fourth quarter
Apparel giant VF Corporation has booked an increase in fourth-quarter earnings and sales, but results missed analyst expectations.
In the three months to the end of December, earnings grew 7% to US$386m or $0.82 per share, from $334.17m a year earlier. Thomson Reuters analysts had expected the company to report profit per share of $0.84.
Gross margin improved 80 basis points in the period to 48.2%, compared with 47.4% in the same period of 2012. The increase reflected the continuing shift of its revenue mix toward higher margin businesses as well as lower year-over-year product costs, the company said.
Revenues rose 8% to $3.3bn, driven by double-digit growth in the group's Outdoor & Action Sports, Sportswear, international and direct-to-consumer businesses, and high single-digit percentage growth in its Imagewear coalition.
Analysts had expected revenue of $3.34bn for the quarter.
For the full year, VF Corp said it expects revenue to increase by 7-8%, and EPS to increase 11-13% to $3 to $3.05.
V.F. Corporation (VFC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glob...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include data that reveals cotton's share of the US clothing market has fallen, a ban by Walt Disney on Pakistan and Bangladesh production, VF Corp's new C...
VF Corp’s unique brand portfolio sees it moving from strength to strength on the global apparel stage. Its decision to focus on its outdoor and action sports division is an astute move given the lucra...
Apparel giant VF Corp has opened a central distribution centre in China, in a bid to provide measurable increases in speed-to-market for both customers and consumers....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Apparel giant VF Corp is hoping a number of new key appointments, including an Americas head, will play a crucial role in helping the company build sustainable, long-term growth....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy