US: VF Corp raises FY forecast after strong Q1
VF Corp has raised its full-year earnings guidance on the back of strong first-quarter results.
The company, which owns the North Face, Lee and Nautica brands, among others, today (27 April) said it expects adjusted earnings per share to rise to US$9.15 per share.
Net income increased 7.3% to US$215.2m over the quarter ended 31 March as revenue rose 31% to $2.5bn. Organic revenue growth, which excludes recent acquisitions Timberland and Smartwool, increased a better-than-expected 12%, due in part to earlier shipments and stronger sales of seasonal products.
Gross margin declined, primarily due to the negative impact of higher jeanswear product costs, down to 45.7% from 47.2% in the prior year period.
"Our excellent first quarter performance spotlights our success in driving brand growth across our portfolio and the ability of VF's diversified business model to deliver healthy, sustainable growth on both the top and bottom lines," said VF chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman.
"Our momentum is strong, and we are excited about the prospects for delivering another year of record revenues and earnings to our shareholders."
Top stories on just-style this week included a pledge by Marks & Spencer to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, strong third-quarter profits at VF Corp, and news that Esprit i...
VF Corp today lifted its full-year expectations after recording a strong third-quarter performance. ...
Textile and apparel manufacturer Arvind Lifestyle Brands has acquired the Indian franchise rights of British retailers Next and Debenhams and US apparel brand Nautica from Planet Retail....
Apparel giant VF Corporation aims to leverage leading brands such as Timberland and Lee to more than double its revenues in the Asia Pacific region to US$2bn by 2017....
Outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer has appointed Daniel Templin as chief operating officer and CFO. ...
Hampshire Group has appointed Robert Stec as president of Hampshire Brands, where he will oversee the US apparel company's licensed men's wear brands including Panama Jack and Dockers, as well as its ...
VF Corp's footwear brand Timberland PRO has launched its Hyperion lightweight industrial outdoor boot....
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges