US: VF Corp raises FY forecast after strong Q1
VF Corp has raised its full-year earnings guidance on the back of strong first-quarter results.
The company, which owns the North Face, Lee and Nautica brands, among others, today (27 April) said it expects adjusted earnings per share to rise to US$9.15 per share.
Net income increased 7.3% to US$215.2m over the quarter ended 31 March as revenue rose 31% to $2.5bn. Organic revenue growth, which excludes recent acquisitions Timberland and Smartwool, increased a better-than-expected 12%, due in part to earlier shipments and stronger sales of seasonal products.
Gross margin declined, primarily due to the negative impact of higher jeanswear product costs, down to 45.7% from 47.2% in the prior year period.
"Our excellent first quarter performance spotlights our success in driving brand growth across our portfolio and the ability of VF's diversified business model to deliver healthy, sustainable growth on both the top and bottom lines," said VF chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman.
"Our momentum is strong, and we are excited about the prospects for delivering another year of record revenues and earnings to our shareholders."
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Top stories on just-style this week included a pledge by Marks & Spencer to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, strong third-quarter profits at VF Corp, and news that Esprit i...
VF Corp today lifted its full-year expectations after recording a strong third-quarter performance. ...
Textile and apparel manufacturer Arvind Lifestyle Brands has acquired the Indian franchise rights of British retailers Next and Debenhams and US apparel brand Nautica from Planet Retail....
Apparel giant VF Corporation aims to leverage leading brands such as Timberland and Lee to more than double its revenues in the Asia Pacific region to US$2bn by 2017....
Outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer has appointed Daniel Templin as chief operating officer and CFO. ...
Hampshire Group has appointed Robert Stec as president of Hampshire Brands, where he will oversee the US apparel company's licensed men's wear brands including Panama Jack and Dockers, as well as its ...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects