US: VF Corp to buy Rock and Republic denim brand
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights.
The deal does not the business operations or retail stores and, while it is subject to bankruptcy court approval, is expected to close in spring 2011. The purchase price was not disclosed.
Greensboro, North Carolina based VF Corp already owns more than 30 brands, including denim labels include 7 For All Mankind, Lee and Wrangler.
The Rock and Republic acquisition, however, will mark the first buy for VF's Licensed Brands group, led by David Conn, which was formed in July of 2009. Conn, who joined the company from Iconix Brand Group, which markets a portfolio of consumer brands, has been tasked with introducing new brands under a licensed business model.
Rock and Republic said it wished to assure its customers that the transition over the next few months would be smooth and seamless, and that all orders would be filled.
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets. ...
VF Corp, the world's largest apparel maker and the company behind brands like Nautica, Vans and The North Face, says it is "very pleased" that price increases in its domestic jeanswear business have s...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
A US law firm is investigating potential claims from shareholders against the directors of Timberland related to the company's acquisition by VF Corporation....
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024