US: VF Corp to buy Rock and Republic denim brand
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights.
The deal does not the business operations or retail stores and, while it is subject to bankruptcy court approval, is expected to close in spring 2011. The purchase price was not disclosed.
Greensboro, North Carolina based VF Corp already owns more than 30 brands, including denim labels include 7 For All Mankind, Lee and Wrangler.
The Rock and Republic acquisition, however, will mark the first buy for VF's Licensed Brands group, led by David Conn, which was formed in July of 2009. Conn, who joined the company from Iconix Brand Group, which markets a portfolio of consumer brands, has been tasked with introducing new brands under a licensed business model.
Rock and Republic said it wished to assure its customers that the transition over the next few months would be smooth and seamless, and that all orders would be filled.
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets. ...
VF Corp, the world's largest apparel maker and the company behind brands like Nautica, Vans and The North Face, says it is "very pleased" that price increases in its domestic jeanswear business have s...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
A US law firm is investigating potential claims from shareholders against the directors of Timberland related to the company's acquisition by VF Corporation....
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Clothing and cotton still on child labour list
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- M&S edit highlights ethically sourced fashion
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields