US: VF Corp to buy Rock and Republic denim brand
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights.
The deal does not the business operations or retail stores and, while it is subject to bankruptcy court approval, is expected to close in spring 2011. The purchase price was not disclosed.
Greensboro, North Carolina based VF Corp already owns more than 30 brands, including denim labels include 7 For All Mankind, Lee and Wrangler.
The Rock and Republic acquisition, however, will mark the first buy for VF's Licensed Brands group, led by David Conn, which was formed in July of 2009. Conn, who joined the company from Iconix Brand Group, which markets a portfolio of consumer brands, has been tasked with introducing new brands under a licensed business model.
Rock and Republic said it wished to assure its customers that the transition over the next few months would be smooth and seamless, and that all orders would be filled.
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets. ...
VF Corp, the world's largest apparel maker and the company behind brands like Nautica, Vans and The North Face, says it is "very pleased" that price increases in its domestic jeanswear business have s...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
A US law firm is investigating potential claims from shareholders against the directors of Timberland related to the company's acquisition by VF Corporation....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019