US: VF Corp to buy Rock and Republic denim brand
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights.
The deal does not the business operations or retail stores and, while it is subject to bankruptcy court approval, is expected to close in spring 2011. The purchase price was not disclosed.
Greensboro, North Carolina based VF Corp already owns more than 30 brands, including denim labels include 7 For All Mankind, Lee and Wrangler.
The Rock and Republic acquisition, however, will mark the first buy for VF's Licensed Brands group, led by David Conn, which was formed in July of 2009. Conn, who joined the company from Iconix Brand Group, which markets a portfolio of consumer brands, has been tasked with introducing new brands under a licensed business model.
Rock and Republic said it wished to assure its customers that the transition over the next few months would be smooth and seamless, and that all orders would be filled.
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets. ...
VF Corp, the world's largest apparel maker and the company behind brands like Nautica, Vans and The North Face, says it is "very pleased" that price increases in its domestic jeanswear business have s...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
A US law firm is investigating potential claims from shareholders against the directors of Timberland related to the company's acquisition by VF Corporation....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras