US: VF Corp to buy Rock and Republic denim brand
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights.
The deal does not the business operations or retail stores and, while it is subject to bankruptcy court approval, is expected to close in spring 2011. The purchase price was not disclosed.
Greensboro, North Carolina based VF Corp already owns more than 30 brands, including denim labels include 7 For All Mankind, Lee and Wrangler.
The Rock and Republic acquisition, however, will mark the first buy for VF's Licensed Brands group, led by David Conn, which was formed in July of 2009. Conn, who joined the company from Iconix Brand Group, which markets a portfolio of consumer brands, has been tasked with introducing new brands under a licensed business model.
Rock and Republic said it wished to assure its customers that the transition over the next few months would be smooth and seamless, and that all orders would be filled.
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets. ...
VF Corp, the world's largest apparel maker and the company behind brands like Nautica, Vans and The North Face, says it is "very pleased" that price increases in its domestic jeanswear business have s...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
A US law firm is investigating potential claims from shareholders against the directors of Timberland related to the company's acquisition by VF Corporation....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide