USA: VF Corp To Sell John Varvatos Menswear Brand
The North Carolina-based company, which acquired John Varvatos in August 2003 for $600 million, is in talks with the brand's namesake designer and president about a possible sale of the business to him.
"While we do see tremendous future potential for the John Varvatos business, due to Mr Varvatos' talent and vision, at the same time, we believe the best use of our Sportswear Coalition resources is to focus on the continued development of the Nautica and Earl Jean brands," VF's Sportswear Coalition chairman Eric Wiseman said.
Other brands operated by VF Corp include Lee, Wrangler, Riders, The North Face and Vanity Fair.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
Apparel and denim maker Jordache Enterprises has acquired the upmarket Earl Jean brand from the VF group, the company said today (28 February)....
AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour has announced a multi-year sponsorship agreement making Nautica the Official Apparel sponsor of the AVP Tour....
Peter Arnold has been named president of men's goods business John Varvatos Enterprises Inc....
Global lifestyle brand Nautica has signed a deal with lifestyle sports entertainment company AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour Inc to be the official sponsor of volleyball touring series the AVP Nissan Se...
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
Apparel group VF Corp is to close a jean production plant in Wilson, US, at the loss of 445 jobs....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022