USA: VF Corporation Launches First Large Scale Apparel Industry-Specific SAP Solution
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC), the world's largest apparel company, announced today that it has successfully implemented the first phase of the SAP Apparel Footwear Solution (AFS) in its domestic jeanswear operation. AFS is a unique and comprehensive industry-specific enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution that simplifies the way companies plan, process, track and ship products.The procurement, materials management, production planning and finance components of SAP went "live" on February 4, 2000 in VF's Jeanswear coalition, and marks the first successful large scale implementation of an apparel- specific SAP solution. "This is another important milestone in our continuing roll out of a sophisticated suite of common systems throughout all VF businesses," said Mackey McDonald, VF chairman and chief executive officer. VF's common systems platform includes SAP as its ERP solution; Logility in sales planning and forecasting; i2 Technologies' Supply Chain Planning software in production planning; Gerber's WebPDM in product development; and new processes to improve its Retail Floor Space Management capabilities. Recently, VF's Vanity Fair Intimates announced the kickoff of its common systems implementation project, which will include all common systems components. VF plans to extend SAP AFS to its other business as well."Three years ago, we identified SAP as a partner who could help us design a real time interactive supply chain solution specific to our needs as an apparel manufacturer," said Mr. McDonald. "Now, with their help, we have been able to create a world class ERP platform that will streamline our internal ordering, tracking, shipment and goods fulfillment, and achieve operational efficiencies throughout our system.As one of the first apparel companies to implement ERP processes we are committed to further establishing it as a standard throughout each of our domestic businesses."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022