USA: VF Corporation Launches First Large Scale Apparel Industry-Specific SAP Solution
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC), the world's largest apparel company, announced today that it has successfully implemented the first phase of the SAP Apparel Footwear Solution (AFS) in its domestic jeanswear operation. AFS is a unique and comprehensive industry-specific enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution that simplifies the way companies plan, process, track and ship products.The procurement, materials management, production planning and finance components of SAP went "live" on February 4, 2000 in VF's Jeanswear coalition, and marks the first successful large scale implementation of an apparel- specific SAP solution. "This is another important milestone in our continuing roll out of a sophisticated suite of common systems throughout all VF businesses," said Mackey McDonald, VF chairman and chief executive officer. VF's common systems platform includes SAP as its ERP solution; Logility in sales planning and forecasting; i2 Technologies' Supply Chain Planning software in production planning; Gerber's WebPDM in product development; and new processes to improve its Retail Floor Space Management capabilities. Recently, VF's Vanity Fair Intimates announced the kickoff of its common systems implementation project, which will include all common systems components. VF plans to extend SAP AFS to its other business as well."Three years ago, we identified SAP as a partner who could help us design a real time interactive supply chain solution specific to our needs as an apparel manufacturer," said Mr. McDonald. "Now, with their help, we have been able to create a world class ERP platform that will streamline our internal ordering, tracking, shipment and goods fulfillment, and achieve operational efficiencies throughout our system.As one of the first apparel companies to implement ERP processes we are committed to further establishing it as a standard throughout each of our domestic businesses."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020