USA: VF Elects Juan Ernesto de Bedout To Board
Mackey McDonald, chairman and chief executive officer of VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today the election of Juan Ernesto de Bedout to the company's board of directors.De Bedout, 55, is president of Latin America operations for Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE: KMB). He is responsible for business units in 18 Central and South American countries including the Caribbean. Through ongoing expansions and multiple mergers and acquisitions, he has led efforts to establish the company's overall leadership in the region. He began his career with Kimberly-Clark in 1981 when appointed managing director of Colombiana Kimberly in his native Medellin, Colombia. Thereafter, he managed the Central American companies and was subsequently appointed general manager and vice president for the region before being elected to his current role in 1998. "We are very pleased to welcome Juan Ernesto to our board," said McDonald. "Latin America has become an increasingly important market for VF and Juan Ernesto's experience in this region, in addition to his mergers and acquisitions skills, will be a valuable asset to VF. The board and I look forward to his counsel and insight as we continue to execute our global expansion strategy."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack