USA: VF Elects Juan Ernesto de Bedout To Board
Mackey McDonald, chairman and chief executive officer of VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today the election of Juan Ernesto de Bedout to the company's board of directors.De Bedout, 55, is president of Latin America operations for Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE: KMB). He is responsible for business units in 18 Central and South American countries including the Caribbean. Through ongoing expansions and multiple mergers and acquisitions, he has led efforts to establish the company's overall leadership in the region. He began his career with Kimberly-Clark in 1981 when appointed managing director of Colombiana Kimberly in his native Medellin, Colombia. Thereafter, he managed the Central American companies and was subsequently appointed general manager and vice president for the region before being elected to his current role in 1998. "We are very pleased to welcome Juan Ernesto to our board," said McDonald. "Latin America has become an increasingly important market for VF and Juan Ernesto's experience in this region, in addition to his mergers and acquisitions skills, will be a valuable asset to VF. The board and I look forward to his counsel and insight as we continue to execute our global expansion strategy."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective