US: VF Imagewear names Baxter as activewear president
VF Imagewear has named Scott Baxter as president of its activewear division.
The company, a subsidiary of VF Corporation, said that Baxter brings more than 20 years of sales, marketing and operations experience, most recently serving as senior VP of Home Depot and leader of the retailer's Home Services Division.
Its activewear division markets branded apparel under agreements with licensors that include the NFL, Major League Baseball, Harley-Davidson, the National Hockey League, the NBA, leading colleges, ESPN and NASCAR teams.
Ed Doran, president of VF's Imagewear Coalition said: "VF Imagewear has a robust activewear business that includes authentic, replica and fanwear licensed apparel brands and key relationships with leading licensees and retailers. Scott Baxter is uniquely qualified to lead the growth of this business, given his diverse combination of skills and experience in managing large, complex businesses and his successful track record in retail and sales management with several well-known consumer brand companies."
The lingerie industry is currently in a state of intense company turmoil, with international labels and private-label sellers re-assessing their market positions. But what does all this mean for manuf...
Dan Hesse has resigned from the board of directors at VF Corporation to focus on his business commitments....
VF Corporation is optimistic about its prospects for the remainder of the year after the branded apparel company's first quarter profits surged 11% to a record US$149m....
Branded apparel company VF Corporation has appointed Scott Baxter as the new president of its Imagewear coalition, effective immediately....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack