USA: VF Intimates, Candor Hosiery Mills Sign Deal
The hosiery and sock deal between the two North Carolina-based firms is for a full range of products including fashion socks, fashion tights and sexy sheer hosiery. Financial details were not disclosed.
The unit of apparel giant VF Corp said in a news release the new collection will be previewed by retailers during August Market week in New York City with the assortment hitting stores in Spring 2004.
"Candor's unique styling and exceptional quality in a diverse line of products is just the mix we were looking for," said Kathy Reynolds, vice president and general manager of national brands for VF Intimates.
"Hosiery is a natural category to expand and enhance our brand names. We're thrilled with how well the product compliments our collections."
Candor president and CEO, Wayne Gross, added: "We're very excited to be associated with VF Intimates and the Vanity Fair and Lily of France brands.
"The strength these brands bring to the table along with our innovative design and high quality will create a compelling new hosiery brand statement at retail and is sure to be a huge success."
Companies: VF Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sew Cal Logo, which supplies apparel for the entertainment business and surf wear brands, has reported an 11.5 per cent rise in private-label business for spring and autumn 2006 compared to last year....
Arvind Brands is said to be adding at least three more brands from US apparel maker VF Corp to its portfolio....
Elastic Fabrics of America (EFA), Dogi International Fabrics of Spain, and MAS Holdings are looking at setting up Sri Lanka's first warp knit fabric manufacturing facility....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
Apparel group VF Corp is to close a jean production plant in Wilson, US, at the loss of 445 jobs....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
Apparel company VF Corp has set up a new company in partnership with designer John Varvatos after two years of uncertainty over Varvatos's brand, according to executives quoted by the New York Post....
Branded apparel company VF Corporation has completed its acquisition of surf-inspired footwear business Reef Holdings Corporation....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022