US: VF raises full-year forecast on strong Q2
- Q2 net income increased 19.9% to $ 155.4m
- Revenue rose 16% to $2.1bn
- Lifts FY guidance by $0.05 per share to $9.50
VF Corp today (19 July) raised its full-year guidance after recording a jump in second-quarter net income.
The owner of the North Face, Wrangler, Lee, and Nautica brands, lifted its full-year guidance by $0.05 per share to $9.50 after profit climbed 19.9% to US$155.4m in the three months ended 30 June.
Excluding the impact of the sale of the John Varvatos brand, net income declined to $123m from $129m in the same period of the prior year.
Revenue rose 16% to $2.1bn. On an organic basis, revenue increased 3%, driven by strong growth in its outdoor and action sports, and international businesses.
Gross margin was better than expected, rising 20 basis points to 46.1% as the impact of higher jeanswear costs eased.
Over the first-half, net income increased 3% on an adjusted basis to $341m as revenue rose 24% to $4.7bn.
"We've reached the halfway mark of the year, and are right on track to deliver another year of strong and very profitable growth to our shareholders," said chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman.
"The strength of VF's business model - a diverse portfolio strategy supported by an intense focus on financial and operational disciplines - provides us with a clear competitive advantage as we successfully navigate through an increasingly uncertain economic environment."
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has received a rival bid for the brand from VF Corp and private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners, which matches an offer from US boss Paul Naude and Sycamore P...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has named Steve Birkhold as CEO, effective immediately....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- US apparel import data shows China competitiveness
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey