US: VF sells John Varvatos stake to Lion Capital
VF Sportswear, a subsidiary of VF Corporation, has completed the sale of its majority stake in John Varvatos Enterprises to private equity firm Lion Capital.
The deal, which was originally announced in March sees Mr Varvatos retaining an ownership position and will continue as chairman and chief creative officer. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The John Varvatos men's wear brand includes tailored clothing and sportswear, as well as footwear, bags, belts, eyewear, watches and men's fragrances. There is also the younger, edgier John Varvatos Star USA Collection and Converse by John Varvatos.
It became part of VF Corporation's portfolio as part of its acquisition of the Nautica brand in 2003.
Lion Capital will continue to operate the business as John Varvatos Enterprises Inc headquartered in New York City.
Iconix Brand Group has signed an agreement to acquire UK football brand Umbro from Nike for US$225m. ...
Footwear firm Belle International Holdings has seen its third-quarter same store sales increase 2.8%....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is to introduce new fire safety standards at supplier factories in Bangladesh, in a move that mirrors similar measures announced recently by PVH, owner of the Calvi...
Apparel giant VF Corporation aims to leverage leading brands such as Timberland and Lee to more than double its revenues in the Asia Pacific region to US$2bn by 2017....
Sportswear giant Nike has inked a sponsorship deal with the Football Association (FA) to design and supply kit for England's football teams....
Nike has remained quiet on rumours the sporting goods giant is close to signing a deal to become the official uniform supplier for the England football team....
Chinese footwear and sportswear group Belle International reported a rise in first-half net income, despite the group seeing a decline in consumer confidence. ...
Private-equity firms TPG Capital and Apax Partners are reportedly among several parties in the running to buy Nike-owned footwear brand Cole Haan. ...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Banana Republic taps former J Crew designer
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects