US: VF sells John Varvatos stake to Lion Capital
VF Sportswear, a subsidiary of VF Corporation, has completed the sale of its majority stake in John Varvatos Enterprises to private equity firm Lion Capital.
The deal, which was originally announced in March sees Mr Varvatos retaining an ownership position and will continue as chairman and chief creative officer. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The John Varvatos men's wear brand includes tailored clothing and sportswear, as well as footwear, bags, belts, eyewear, watches and men's fragrances. There is also the younger, edgier John Varvatos Star USA Collection and Converse by John Varvatos.
It became part of VF Corporation's portfolio as part of its acquisition of the Nautica brand in 2003.
Lion Capital will continue to operate the business as John Varvatos Enterprises Inc headquartered in New York City.
Iconix Brand Group has signed an agreement to acquire UK football brand Umbro from Nike for US$225m. ...
Footwear firm Belle International Holdings has seen its third-quarter same store sales increase 2.8%....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is to introduce new fire safety standards at supplier factories in Bangladesh, in a move that mirrors similar measures announced recently by PVH, owner of the Calvi...
Apparel giant VF Corporation aims to leverage leading brands such as Timberland and Lee to more than double its revenues in the Asia Pacific region to US$2bn by 2017....
Sportswear giant Nike has inked a sponsorship deal with the Football Association (FA) to design and supply kit for England's football teams....
Nike has remained quiet on rumours the sporting goods giant is close to signing a deal to become the official uniform supplier for the England football team....
Chinese footwear and sportswear group Belle International reported a rise in first-half net income, despite the group seeing a decline in consumer confidence. ...
Private-equity firms TPG Capital and Apax Partners are reportedly among several parties in the running to buy Nike-owned footwear brand Cole Haan. ...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis