USA: VF To Acquire Gitano Brand
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today that it has received bankruptcy court approval to acquire the trademarks and inventory of the Gitano brand from Fruit of the Loom, Inc for approximately 18 million dollars."Gitano rounds out our portfolio of jeans brands that are specifically targeted to women shopping at mass merchandise stores," said Mackey J. McDonald, president and chief executive officer of VF Corporation. "The Gitano and Chic brands, together with a growing Wrangler and Riders women's business, give us the ability to offer a variety of brands and products at a range of price points to female consumers." The Gitano brand will become part of VF's mass jeanswear operation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack