USA: VF To Acquire Gitano Brand
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today that it has received bankruptcy court approval to acquire the trademarks and inventory of the Gitano brand from Fruit of the Loom, Inc for approximately 18 million dollars."Gitano rounds out our portfolio of jeans brands that are specifically targeted to women shopping at mass merchandise stores," said Mackey J. McDonald, president and chief executive officer of VF Corporation. "The Gitano and Chic brands, together with a growing Wrangler and Riders women's business, give us the ability to offer a variety of brands and products at a range of price points to female consumers." The Gitano brand will become part of VF's mass jeanswear operation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts