USA: VF To Acquire Gitano Brand
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) announced today that it has received bankruptcy court approval to acquire the trademarks and inventory of the Gitano brand from Fruit of the Loom, Inc for approximately 18 million dollars."Gitano rounds out our portfolio of jeans brands that are specifically targeted to women shopping at mass merchandise stores," said Mackey J. McDonald, president and chief executive officer of VF Corporation. "The Gitano and Chic brands, together with a growing Wrangler and Riders women's business, give us the ability to offer a variety of brands and products at a range of price points to female consumers." The Gitano brand will become part of VF's mass jeanswear operation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report