US: VF to shut Polish factory - report
US clothing firm VF Corporation is to close a jeans factory in Lodz, Poland, at the cost of more than a thousand jobs, it has been reported.
According to Agence France Presse, VF will let 1,100 workers go in the first half of next year, with just 40 employees remaining.
VF spokespeople in the US and Europe were not available to comment on the report when contacted today (26 November).
To start by stating the obvious, the five-year growth plans unveiled by apparel giant VF Corporation are aggressive - very aggressive indeed....
A month after completing its purchase of the bankrupt Rock & Republic denim brand for US$57m, VF Corp has signed a licensing deal with Kohl's Department Stores to become the label's only US retailer....
US apparel group VF Corporation has posted strong first quarter sales and profits, partly attributed to strong growth in Asia. ...
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance ...
VF Corporation will pay about US$57m for new acquisition Rock and Republic Enterprises, the US company has revealed....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
US apparel firm VF Corporation has unveiled a new five-year growth plan, including the goal of adding US$5bn in revenue by 2015....
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020