USA: VF's Derhofer Takes On Newly Created Role
VF Corporation announced yesterday that George Derhofer, president VF Knitwear, has been promoted to the new position of vice president and chairman, knitwear and workwear coalitions. He reports directly to Mackey McDonald, chairman and CEO. "George's strong management and leadership skills will be an asset in this new role," said McDonald. "He will be focused on the integration of recently acquired workwear companies and the further development of a growth strategy for the VF corporate wearables business." Derhofer, 46, began his VF career over 10 years ago as CFO and executive vice president of Nutmeg. In 1996, he was named president of VF knitwear and has been instrumental in maintaining VF's strong position in the difficult knitwear business. Prior to VF, George held senior financial positions in public accounting and the food industry.John Schamberger, vice president and coalition chairman, will continue to have responsibility for VF's North & South America jeanswear coalition. Dan MacFarlan, vice president and coalition chairman, will continue to oversee VF's playwear and intimates coalitions. With $5.6bn in sales, VF Corporation is the world's largest apparel company and a leader in jeanswear, intimate apparel, knitwear, workwear, playwear, daypacks and swimwear. Its principal brands include Lee, Wrangler, Riders, Rustler, CHIC, Gitano, Vanity Fair, Vassarette, Bestform, Lily of France, Lee Sport, Healthtex, Jantzen, JanSport, Eastpak, Red Kap and The North Face.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar