US: Victoria's Secret posts Q4 growth
- Fourth quarter net profit rose 14.4% to $411.39m
- Sales grew 9.7% to $3.86bn
- Gross margin increased to 44.5% from 43.45%
The company saw net profit rise 14.4% to US$411.39m over the quarter ended 28 January, from $359.4m in the same period of the prior year.
Sales grew 9.7% to $3.86bn, as comparable sales increased 5%. Gross margin increased to 44.5% from 43.45% last time.
For the full year, net income fell to $752.9m from $850.1m last year. However, 2011's results included $702.4m attributable to its Mast apparel sourcing business, which was sold in November 2011.
Revenue was $10.45bn, compared to $10.36bn in 2011, with comparable sales increasing 6% over the year.
The company expects 2013 full year earnings per share to be between $2.92-3.12, up on the adjusted EPS of $2.60 recorded for the 2012 financial year.
US retailer Limited Brands (now known as L Brands) has raised its full year earnings guidance after it recorded a 24.5% increase in second quarter profit. ...
UK occasion wear retailer Coast has named Kate Bostock, the former head of general merchandise at Marks & Spencer, as its new CEO, tasked with developing the business into an "international omni-chann...
Victoria's Secret has moved to protect its Pink brand in the US, after shirt maker Thomas Pink sued the company over the use of the word in a UK court. ...
Former Marks & Spencer lingerie director Janie Schaffer is reportedly seeking more than GBP1m (US$1.4m) in compensation from the UK retailer....
Coast managing director Margaret McDonald is to leave the occasionwear retailer later this year to take up the role of president of Victoria's Secret lingerie....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory