VIETNAM: Vietnam And China To Cooperate On Cotton
The co-operation will cover transfer of genes for the creation of high-yield and worm-resistant strains, intensive farming techniques and consultancy.
The programme will help Vietnam's cotton sector expand cotton plantations with an average yield of two tonnes of seed cotton per ha, meeting 70 per cent of the textile industry's demand for raw material.
Vietnam now has nearly 30,000 ha of cotton, producing 12,000 tonnes of seed cotton. The country plans to expand its cotton growing area to 150,000 ha by 2010.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts