VIETNAM: Vietnam And China To Cooperate On Cotton
Vietnam and China have pledged to expand cooperation in cotton growing in the future after the first meeting on high-tech cotton development held in Ho Chi Minh City on November 13 and 14 by the Vietnam Cotton Company and the Cotton Research Institute of China, Asia Pulse reported today.The co-operation will cover transfer of genes for the creation of high-yield and worm-resistant strains, intensive farming techniques and consultancy.The programme will help Vietnam's cotton sector expand cotton plantations with an average yield of two tonnes of seed cotton per ha, meeting 70 per cent of the textile industry's demand for raw material.Vietnam now has nearly 30,000 ha of cotton, producing 12,000 tonnes of seed cotton. The country plans to expand its cotton growing area to 150,000 ha by 2010.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective