VIETNAM: Vietnam And China To Cooperate On Cotton
Vietnam and China have pledged to expand cooperation in cotton growing in the future after the first meeting on high-tech cotton development held in Ho Chi Minh City on November 13 and 14 by the Vietnam Cotton Company and the Cotton Research Institute of China, Asia Pulse reported today.The co-operation will cover transfer of genes for the creation of high-yield and worm-resistant strains, intensive farming techniques and consultancy.The programme will help Vietnam's cotton sector expand cotton plantations with an average yield of two tonnes of seed cotton per ha, meeting 70 per cent of the textile industry's demand for raw material.Vietnam now has nearly 30,000 ha of cotton, producing 12,000 tonnes of seed cotton. The country plans to expand its cotton growing area to 150,000 ha by 2010.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020